Plantebaserte kosthold er velegnet ved trening. Det er viktig å sette sammen kostholdet riktig – som ved andre anledninger.
- Nye studier – oppdateringer
- Kosthold og trening
- Protein, aminosyrer og trening
- Er plantebasert kosthold fullverdig?
Studier om trening, kosthold og næringsstoffer
- Fuhrman J, Ferreri DM.: Fueling the vegetarian (vegan) athlete. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2010 Jul-Aug;9(4):233-41. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20622542
«Vegetarian diets are associated with several health benefits, but whether a vegetarian or vegan diet is beneficial for athletic performance has not yet been defined. Based on the evidence in the literature that diets high in unrefined plant foods are associated with beneficial effects on overall health, lifespan, immune function, and cardiovascular health, such diets likely would promote improved athletic performance as well. In this article, we review the state of the literature on vegetarian diets and athletic performance, discuss prevention of potential micronutrient deficiencies that may occur in the vegan athlete, and provide strategies on meeting the enhanced caloric and protein needs of an athlete with a plant-based diet.»
- Barr SI, Rideout CA: Nutritional considerations for vegetarian athletes. Nutrition 2004, 20(7-8):696-703; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15212753
- Venderley AM1, Campbell WW: Vegetarian diets : nutritional considerations for athletes. Sports Med. 2006;36(4):293-305. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16573356
“The quality of vegetarian diets to meet nutritional needs and support peak performance among athletes continues to be questioned. Appropriately planned vegetarian diets can provide sufficient energy and an appropriate range of carbohydrate, fat and protein intakes to support performance and health.”
- Shashikant Goswami, Br J Sports Med 2010;44:i40 doi:10.1136/bjsm.2010.078725.133 http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/44/Suppl_1/i40.4.abstract
«The high performance diet has always been a matter of concern for the elite sports persons. The selection of right kind of food has an important role to play to achieve good health and high performance. In spite of being an oldest vegetarian country the Indian sports persons at elite level starts following the non-vegetarian foods to have high protein intake in their daily diet to gain muscle mass and strength. Whereas, vegetable proteins, when combined, provide excellent protein and also numerous other nutrients such as phytochemicals and fibres that are highly regarded in the diet.»
Les hele artikkelen her http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/44/Suppl_1/i40.4.full.pdf
- Rodriguez NR, DiMarco NM, Langley S: Position of the American Dietetic Association, Dietitians of Canada, and the American College of Sports Medicine: Nutrition and athletic performance. J Am Diet Assoc 2009, 109(3):509-527. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19278045
- Barr SI, Rideout CA: Nutritional considerations for vegetarian athletes. Nutrition 2004, 20(7-8):696-703
- Craig WJ: Health effects of vegan diets. Am J Clin Nutr 2009, 89(5):1627S-1633S
- Craig WJ: Nutrition concerns and health effects of vegetarian diets. Nutr Clin Pract 2010, 25(6):613-620.
- Fraser GE: Vegetarian diets: what do we know of their effects on common chronic diseases? Am J Clin Nutr 2009, 89(5):1607S-1612S.
Les mer om plantebaserte kosthold og helse: